It certainly looks like it’s been absent for years! The dearth of Critical Thinking in the community right now is alarming.
And has Common Sense died alongside it?
I still remember the impact of a critical thinking class I attended as a secondary school student in which I was startled to learn that a statistic doubling might be as little as one more – i.e. if the original number is one, you only have to add one to double the amount. We think of doubling as being likely to result in a large number but it’s not always the case. As I was taught in a personal development course years ago: ‘ASSUME makes an ASS out of U and ME’.
Most of us have heard statements like, ‘You can use statistics / the Bible /
photoshopping’ to prove anything! And it’s true, so we need to keep our wits about us. But an objective analysis of the pros and cons of a situation, a study of all the facts, is warranted whenever we are presented with a significant event. ‘Common sense’ is defined as ‘sensibleness’, ‘sound judgement’, ‘discernment’, ‘acumen’, ‘sharp-wittedness’, ‘intuition’, ‘insight’, ‘wisdom’ – all traits that most people would value.
I’d say that a global pandemic and lockdown is a significant event that requires a sensible, wise, astute response from our leaders and the community in general, but what seems to be happening is a lockdown of the thinking process! Rather than open-minded evaluation and debate, certain voices are being silenced, especially when they question how the Covid statistics and patterns justify the current extreme strategy of global lockdown, and especially, right now, the restrictions in Melbourne, Victoria.
You may not agree with my perspective or all of the information presented here but I share these thoughts with the best of intentions, and I defend everyone's right to free speech, which is the other endangered species at the moment.
Here are a few examples of the 'lockdown' on thinking and freedom of expression:
• Nine highly qualified doctors came out on Capitol Hill in the USA a couple of weeks ago to reassure the population that the virus is not as frightening as we've been told, especially as there is a safe remedy for it that was producing a 100% success rate in their clinics. Their video went viral but within hours it was deleted from Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, and whenever anyone shared it, it was removed.
• The medication they recommended has been banned – doctors around the world are unable to prescribe or recommend it to their patients (it's an over-the-counter medication in many countries!) because of sudden government interference in its availability. Despite being registered as safe for some 65 years by the World Health Organisation, and being recommended by a Yale Professor of Epidemiology, and being identified as both a cure and remedy by Dr Fauci just a few years ago, it is now being listed as a poison. Why the turn-around?
• The number of deaths from suicide and violence dwarfs the number of deaths from covid-19.
These three FACTS strike me as being three prime examples of madness! Where is the Critical Thinking or Common Sense in banning solutions that work or in continuing to cripple national and global economies for no sound reason? I will elaborate on these issues in this and upcoming blogs.
Here is one important distinction: a pandemic is measured by deaths, not cases.
If we look at the facts, this virus has a 0.026% death rate – that’s akin to a seasonal flu.
In Shakespeare’s time, one in six people in his town died from the plague. Now, that really is serious! As Dr Sheri Tenpenny says, ‘The number of people who have died from this infection is irrelevant unless you know the denominator. If 100 people die and 1000 were sick, that’s significant; if 100 people die and 10 million were sick, it’s not significant at all.’
Looking at this statistic from the other side, 99.74% of people will recover quickly and easily. Many won’t even know they’ve had it. (Or so doctors, epidemiologists and infectious disease experts are telling us! See below for links, especially to the 640 doctors in Europe who are coming out against 'the covid scam'.)
The number of cases might be increasing but that’s because the number of tests has increased. And the increase in positive tests is often because of faulty and fraudulent testing, as many have shared on social media before their claims are removed by ‘fact-checkers’… (Eg. Someone who decided not to go ahead with the test because the queue was too long was later informed they had tested positive!)
Only 15% of the population needs to have had the infection for the whole country to achieve herd immunity. The studies projecting 100% risk and millions of deaths have been proven to be flawed. (In fact, experts say that we have already reached herd immunity but skewed statistics are preventing people from seeing it.)
Only 20% of the population is at risk: that is our elderly and those with compromised health. Doctors and scientists are telling us that we need to protect those people but everyone else should be carrying on with life as usual!
Sarah Newey reported on 3 August in Dispatch LIVE: ‘The World Health Organisation has urged countries not to reimpose national lockdowns (in an attempt to stem the spread of Covid-19) due to social and economic repercussions. In an exclusive interview Dr Maria van Kerkhove, who helps lead the WHO’s pandemic response team as the head of the Emerging Diseases unit, said countries should instead adopt localised strategies… and added that the economic, health and social costs of lockdown have been “massive”.’
The Lancet Medical Journal is an independent international medical journal dating back to 1823 that is regarded as a world leader in the publication of papers that have made a crucial contribution to science and human health. In a recent publication Lancet stated, ‘In our analysis, full lockdowns and widespread Covid-19 testing were not associated with reductions in the number of critical cases or overall mortality.’
Where is the Critical Thinking/Common Sense in locking everyone up when there’s no clear benefit to that approach? Especially when you consider the facts above and multiple damaging ‘side effects’ of lockdown, such as:
- a rise in fear, which suppresses the immune system
- a rise in stress, which suppresses the immune system
- a rise in depression, which suppresses the immune system
- a rise in addictive behaviours such as binge eating and the consumption of drugs, including alcohol, which all damage our health and can suppress the immune system
- a rise in domestic violence, which suppresses the immune system and is resulting in a dramatically greater incidence of abuse and suicide (far greater in number than deaths from 'the virus')
- an increase of government control, especially draconian fear-inducing rules, which suppresses the immune system
- a reduction of exposure to sunshine, which results in a suppressed immune system
- a reduction of exposure to fresh air, which results in a suppressed immune system
- a reduction of exercise and activity, which results in a suppressed immune system
- a reduction of exposure to bacteria (through personal interactions and touching ordinary physical ‘stuff’ like doorknobs, etc.), which compromises the immune system
- a reduction of social contact, which results in a suppressed immune system
I commented on masks in my last blog but let me expand on the damaging 'side effects’ of masks, now that they’ve become a mandatory daily accessory!
- masks, which increase one’s absorption of carbon dioxide (which, for our health, we are supposed to expel, not breathe in!)
- masks, which reduce one’s absorption of oxygen (essential for health. I can't believe the number of people who submit to wearing a mask while out walking in the fresh air on their own!)
- masks, which increase the risk of road accidents as they should never be worn while driving!
- masks, which in most cases don’t protect us from the covid particle and attract more bacteria every time we touch them (which most people do frequently).
[Follow this logic: person coughs inside mask; particles can immediately be found on the inside and outside of the mask; person adjusts facial mask with hand, transferring cough particles to their hand; person then touches items on supermarket shelf; YOU then touch the same items; YOU then touch your face –> transference of particles. As one of the doctors pointed out, it’s akin to ‘picking the nose of everyone at the market’.]
- masks, which, in fact, perpetuate the myth of Germ Theory, a theory that was debunked by its creator, Louis Pasteur, on his deathbed – but germs are profitable, so his final words when he admitted that he was wrong, ‘the terrain is everything and the germ is nothing’, were discounted and forgotten by science
- masks, which doctors know don’t work against viruses. The N95 mask blocks some airborne particles but all viruses can get through. The real reason for wearing the mask is to alleviate fear of the virus, not because they work (see links below)
- masks, which dehumanise us, which increases stress and anxiety, which suppresses the immune system
- masks, which dehumanises those around us, which increases stress and anxiety, which suppresses the immune system
- masks, which are a symbol of submission, of being silenced, which increases stress and anxiety and fear, which suppresses the immune system
- masks, which are giving rise to the practice of ‘mask shaming’ and dobbing others in, a practice that is all too similar to the behaviours of Nazi informants during WWII. (Refer to the vic.gov.au website for confirmation that one can report breaches of the Chief Health Officer’s directives by calling the Police assistance line or submitting an online report.)
- masks, which are causing children to fear others, and fear suppresses the immune system
- masks, which are causing children to fear themselves (as they might kill Grandpa/Grandma), and fear suppresses the immune system
- a lockdown, which is causing children to hide away in their comfort zone at home and lose the ability to engage with others, especially strangers, and lack of interaction is emotionally crippling and compromises the immune system
- a mysterious virus, which is causing children to become scared and phobic, and fear suppresses the immune system
- a lockdown, which is causing children to be highly stressed (refer the video below for a child psychologist’s observations)
- business closure, which affects the wellbeing of the entire world community, which increases stress and anxiety, which suppresses the immune system
- business closure, which discriminates against anyone who has a ‘non-essential business’, which increases stress and anxiety, which suppresses the immune system
- business closure, which causes financial hardship, resulting in debt, bankruptcy and poverty, which all increase stress and anxiety, which suppress the immune system…
I could go on and on…
What are the implications of a suppressed immune system?
Among many others, reduced ability to deal with the predicted and expected ‘second wave’ – or any other illness or crisis! In fact, suppressing the immune system guarantees a second wave!
Pasteur’s realisation that ‘the terrain is everything’ simply means that our first priority should be to BOOST OUR IMMUNE SYSTEM, not suppress it! We should be focusing on good nutrition, sunshine, exercise, fresh air, love, laughter, fun, activity, normal interactions – all of those things boost our chance of recovering quickly if we become sick. It’s Common Sense – but that human trait seems to be missing nowadays.
I was truly shocked to read on a site that one doctor was celebrating the reduced deaths from flu due to the lockdown, and reflecting that we should apply this strategy again in the future. Does that doctor not understand the most basic facts concerning the immune system?! It is exposure (to bacteria and viruses – i.e. engagement in life) that the builds resilience! We should absolutely not be mollycoddling people and keeping them in their home comfort zones. That practice just lays the groundwork for much more weakness and illness in the future.
I mentioned at the top of this article the fact that a pandemic is measured in deaths, not cases. It doesn’t matter how many people become ill if most of them (99.8%) recover easily.
Death rates from Covid-19 are actually LOW! They are akin to seasonal flu. See the tables below, and read Dr Tenpenny's link to an article entitled 'No one has died from the coronavirus'. Here is an excerpt:
'The director of the Institute of Forensic Medicine at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf in Germany said in media interviews that there’s a striking dearth of solid evidence for COVID-19’s lethality.
'“COVID-19 is a fatal disease only in exceptional cases, but in most cases it is a predominantly harmless viral infection,” Dr. Klaus Püschel told a German paper in April. Adding in another interview:
'"In quite a few cases, we have also found that the current corona infection has nothing whatsoever to do with the fatal outcome because other causes of death are present, for example, a brain hemorrhage or a heart attack […] [COVID-19 is] not particularly dangerous viral disease […] All speculation about individual deaths that have not been expertly examined only fuel anxiety.”'
Death rates for covid are low, despite what you've been hearing. The fatality statistics announced on mainstream media are false! Many people (doctors, nurses, family members and funeral parlour directors) have spoken out to share their horror at the way fatality statistics are being measured: deaths are attributed to covid even when the person died of something completely different: cancer, a heart attack, stroke, Alzheimers – even car accidents! Why is that? Doesn’t that sort of manipulation sound suspicious to you?
And why are doctors and hospitals and aged care facilities being paid hundreds of dollars for each recorded covid-case or covid-death? Doesn’t that sound like corruption to you? It certainly does to me.
Why are organisations like the World Health Organisation giving contradictory information? One day that healthy people who are asymptomatic do not need to wear masks or self-isolate, and the next day that everyone should wear masks? Where does the truth lie? (pun intended)
Why does the community at large not recognise the vested interests driving these organisations? If the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is donating millions of dollars or sitting on the Boards of these organisations, then of course they will be compromised! If Dr Fauci is directing research funds to particular labs or studies, then of course they will be compromised! It’s Common Sense – oh, but of course: Common Sense is dead. Vale Critical Thinking…
Here’s a quote that might capture your attention:
One of the oldest most prestigious medical journals, the New England Journal of Medicine, May 21st stated: ‘We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little if any protection from infection … the chance of catching covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is minimal.’
I invite school teachers to share and debate these points with your students!
I will continue this blog tomorrow with a look at the controversial medication that has a 100% recovery rate according to the nine doctors (among others) and the Yale expert, and is now banned: Hydroxychloroquine.
** NB. I began writing this blog last week and have since come to understand that one of the main reasons for the extreme lockdown and curfew may be the work being carried out at night to rescue sex-trafficked children from Melbourne’s underground tunnels, remove any perpetrators, and destroy the tunnels themselves (hence the various explosions and fires). It seems that the true global pandemic is paedophilia and sex trafficking. I hope that such a rescue operation is the true reason and it’s not that we Victorians are now living in a police state. **
My last few blogs contain links to a number of concerned experts. A few more below.
Dr Sheri Tenpenny provides an excellent resource (five pages of links to scientific studies) regarding the ineffectiveness of masks and lockdown. Follow this link to listen to her compelling interview about vaccines etc. and/or scroll down a llittle to download her paper re masks and lockdown: https://freedomplatform.tv/dr-sherri-tenpenny-face-masks-are-not-effective-against-covid-19-how-masks-are-being-used-to-control-the-population/?eType=EmailBlastContent&eId=2011da54-312b-41dc-85d8-8e1d50c86e28
Do visit www.acu2020.org to witness the passion and unity of a conference in Europe instigated by 640 doctors who are speaking out against the covid scam. These doctors are disturbed by the exaggeration of what is a seasonal flu, by the misinformation, and by the lockdown which has stopped 90% of necessary operations. Thousands rallied in Berlin on 1st August to protest against the lockdown. (Why are we so passive and compliant here in Australia? As one commentator mentioned, Germans have the memory of recently bringing down the Berlin Wall, and of course, before that, the atrocities of world wars on their soil. Whereas here, we are... well... comfortable... and 'she'll be right, mate'...)
Much of the content in this and my next blog comes from Charlie Kirk’s recent interview with the nine Frontline Doctors, whose press release achieved some 18 million views before it was removed from all social media platforms (within hours). Why are the comments and testimony of highly qualified and experienced doctors who are achieving excellent health outcomes trreating Covid removed from social media (while pornography and paedophilia sites remain online)? If the latter's freedom of speech should be protected, so too should the freedom of speech of caring and qualified experts.
The Charlie Kirk Show: 9 Doctors speak out, has also been removed for violating YouTube’s ‘Community guidelines’! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR3O_82yP6o
America’s Frontline Doctors’ site provided s a 2-300-page white paper on the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine but it seems to have been taken down too. www.americasfrontlinedoctors.com
Try the censor-free platform, Bitchute: https://www.bitchute.com/video/PZLBQoi0vD9G/
Here is the link to Dr Dan Ericson and Dr Artin Massihi in their presentation entitled ‘Time to end social distancing and masks’, that went viral and was systematically and repeatedly removed from social media: https://www.bitchute.com/video/C5HwHVyXtRXz/
Dr Kelly Victory, a trauma emergency physician with specialities in disaster preparedness and response. She has spent 20 years in public health, including advising governments and corporations in how to respond to crises like pandemics. Qualified? I think so. Here are some of her comments, if they haven't been removed by the censors:
Environmental lawyer Robert Kennedy Jr reluctantly took up the cause of vaccine-injured children after being inundated with requests for help. As a result, he established an organisation called Children's Health Defense. (In case you didn't know, the vaccine industry makes a 20:1 return on investment and is completely protected from any liability.)
Here's an article about the importance of nutrition in boosting resilience against illness:
Professor Michael Levitt FRS is a globally renowned biophysicist and chemist. He received the 2013 Nobel Prize in Chemistry, together with Martin Karplus and Arieh Warshel, "for the development of multiscale models for complex chemical systems." His long record of distinguished research and innate understanding of computer modelling make his insights into the COVID-19 pandemic indispensable.
One key comment of his: If there had been no lockdown we would have seen a falling away of deaths anyway. Even in Sweden, with no lockdown, they’re doing fine with most deaths localised to nursing homes, as in other countries. He says that the costs of lockdown are huge: the fatalities from hospitals being closed down, from children in trauma, from damaged businesses, etc. One of his more controversial comments is that he would rather see policy that supports young people flourishing albeit at the cost of older people (Baby Boomers like himself) who have already lived a long and full life.
Since 28 January 2020, Levitt, his Stanford group and an international team of volunteers have worked tirelessly on data analysis of COVID-19: https://med.stanford.edu/levitt.html
Particularly clear Radio New Zealand interview on 6 April with Dave Campbell: 'No evidence that Covid-19 is causing huge loss of life' (listen)
Prof Levitt feels there has been a lot of irresponsible reporting, even from the New York Times.
Statisticians and economists use a measure called ‘years of life lost’ where deaths of those older than the country’s life expectancy (eg. 80 years) 'don’t count'. A death five years just under that number equates to a cost of five years, by comparison with dying as a youth and losing 40 or even 60 years. (While that might sound cruel, the point is that an unfulfilled life is ranked as statistically more significant than a fulfilled life, or there would be no progress.)
He adds that you can’t just count the total number of deaths; they need to be analysed. Eg. South Africa has had a negative death rate from the virus simply by virtue of all the murders that didn’t happen.
Lockdown TV in London, 2 May interview with James Billot & Freddie Sayer: Nobel prize-winning scientist: the Covid-19 epidemic was never exponential
Professor Levitt first spoke out in early February, when through analysing the numbers of cases and deaths in Hubei province he predicted with remarkable accuracy that the epidemic in that province would top out at around 3,250 deaths.
His observation is a simple one: that in outbreak after outbreak of this disease, a similar mathematical pattern is observable regardless of government interventions. After around a two-week exponential growth of cases (and, subsequently, deaths) some kind of break kicks in, and growth starts slowing down. The curve quickly becomes “sub-exponential”.
This may seem like a technical distinction, but its implications are profound….
He describes indiscriminate lockdown measures as “a huge mistake,” and advocates a “smart lockdown” policy, focused on more effective measures, focused on protecting elderly people.
“I think the policy of herd immunity is the right policy. I think Britain was on exactly the right track before they were fed wrong numbers. And they made a huge mistake. I see the standout winners as Germany and Sweden. They didn’t practise too much lockdown and they got enough people sick to get some herd immunity. I see the standout losers as countries like Austria, Australia and Israel that had very strict lockdown but didn’t have many cases. They have damaged their economies, caused massive social damage, damaged the educational year of their children, but not obtained any herd immunity.
“There is no doubt in my mind, that when we come to look back on this, the damage done by lockdown will exceed any saving of lives by a huge factor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi4j1I_ix_c – a full interview with Former Australian deputy Prime Minister John Anderson summarising some of the challenges facing contemporary Australia (political correctness, among others).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn5BGHuK1zo – 11-minute summary of the John Anderson interview with Professor Levitt